10 Destination Wedding Planning Tips You Should Give A Try
A getaway to the most exotic location with your family, ceremonies of your wedding, plus the wedding shenanigans with your besties- sounds like a perfect destination wedding! Destination weddings are in trend and lest be honest, they are fun too! Who wouldn’t want to just leave the stress at home and enjoy a week filled with beautiful nuptial ceremonies with their loved ones at the most exotic location?
Well, destination weddings do require a lot of planning and organizing. As you decide your wedding destination and venue, the to-do list has just begun! From the traveling to the details of every event while being the warmest wedding host can get overwhelming. We understand! So here are 10 destination wedding planning tips you should give a try to relax your nerves!
- Choose the location wisely: The most important part of the destination wedding is, of course, the wedding destination and venue. Depending upon the date of the wedding and weather conditions, one should do his homework of researching the location, its weather around that time, any festivals, etc that might affect your experience.
- Revaluate your budget: When we plan the wedding overseas you might get carried away with the adventures sightseeing or experiencing its lusciousness after the event. It is obvious once in a lifetime opportunity be, so use it wisely. If you have any plans after the event you must consider your budget!
- Don’t decide the dress before the venue: You would not want to sweat in a silk wedding gown in your beach wedding at the Maldives! So don’t choose your dress before you choose the venue if it is still not confirmed.
- Hire a wedding planner- Trust me when I say that you would be thankful that you hired a destination wedding planner as a lot goes into planning a fun-filled destination wedding. As wedding planners have the knowledge and experience of handling all types of destination weddings you would rather leave the burden of the last minute of emergencies on them and enjoy your wedding.
- Consider Revaluating your guest list: As much as it’s about your grand day, you would not want to disappoint your guests. So plan well in advance and inform them about the location or any special charges and make sure that the wedding destination is also affordable for your guests to fly over. Happy guests add more beauty to the wedding.
- Pack your suitcase beforehand: It’s never too early to pack for your destination wedding. So stuff your suitcase well in advance and maintain a list of all the things you need. If you are planning a romantic getaway right after your wedding, make sure you have dresses and apparel packed for that.
- Pay a visit before the event: Videos and photographs are ok but you must pay a visit to the wedding venue two or three months before and do the research in person about the hotels, availability of the rooms at that time or any conference that can affect the availability.
- Consistent check-in calls: After visiting the venue in advance ensure that you make the follow up calls regarding the progress of the work and rectifying what doesn’t fits your requirement
- Make it about your guests too: You must consider the experience of your guests and make sure that they are comfortable and have everything they need.
- Last but not least HAVE FUN- it’s your wedding day, the day you have been waiting for all your life, so leave all the worries for tomorrow and enjoy yourself with your friends, family and the love of your life. You might as well break a few rules or two- after all, you’re getting married
Leave a Reply